About the CollegeCanadian College of Funeral Service is Canada 's only post-secondary institution that is dedicated solely to the funeral service profession. The College, formerly Western School of Funeral Service, started in Manitoba over 25 years ago under the direction of Stewart Windrum, a dedicated funeral professional, educator and visionary. The college has educated and trained hundreds of funeral service professionals across Canada .
Canadian College of Funeral Service continues to be Canada 's leader in funeral service education, dedicated to the advancement of the profession and the development of quality funeral service professionals.
We strive to:
- provide a high standard of education to the funeral service profession.
- promote ideals that will inspire students to become professional, dignified and respected funeral service professionals and members of the community.
- provide mechanisms and a place for funeral professionals to contribute to the advancement of the profession and their own professional growth.
We believe in the:
- sanctity of life
- significance of death
- value in the journey from beginning to end
- dignity of the person who made said journey
- universal need to commemorate that life